The National Assembly approved, by 116 votes for, the Law of Orientation of Mobilities. An envelope of 13.4 billion euros is dedicated to mobility in the broad sense, until 2022. But many decrees of application remain unresolved.
As planned, the law on orientation of mobilities was adopted at last reading by the National Assembly on Tuesday 19 November 2019 by 116 votes in favor, 49 against and 9 abstentions. Initially worn by Elisabeth Borne and then by the Secretary of State for Transport Jean-Baptiste Djebbari, the text makes the finding of a mobility “broken down and aims at the transport of everyday life at the same time easier, cheaper and cleaner“. An envelope of 13.4 billion euros must be allocated until 2022 to the development of infrastructures, mainly for the “daily movements”.
Changes for the automotive sector:
– End of the monopoly for body parts: the Lom ends the monopoly in several stages: a total lifting from 2020 for headlights, mirrors and glazing, then from 2021 for body parts. Thus, original equipment manufacturers will have to wait until January 1, 2021 to market pieces of dress (hoods, wings, etc.). For other equipment manufacturers, protection for designs will remain effective for 10 years. After this time, the pieces will fall into the public domain and will be open to competition.
– The mobility package: With this package, employers can reimburse up to 400 euros per year for their employees who commute by bicycle, carpool, or electric car.
– Autonomous shuttles : from 2020, the robots-taxis will be allowed to circulate on road and more only on circuit. Sixteen cities in France will lead the experiment.
– Low emission zones: municipalities will be able to create their own zone and ban traffic during certain hours.
– The 90 km/hour : the municipalities have the choice to raise the limit to 90 km/hour or to leave it at 80 km/hour. It will be remembered that this lowering of speed had notably set fire to the powder and remains at the origin of the wrath of the yellow Vests.
– Traffic restriction: in the event of heavy pollution or exceeding warning thresholds, traffic restrictions are introduced.
– End goal of the sale of thermal vehicles specified for 2040. This is not a prohibition but a goal.